Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

   It's finally here ladies and gents, after slogging through the mess of football, hockey and the seemingly never ending basketball season, baseball is back.2,430 games, 7 months of the greatest game of all time. Opening day should be a national holiday, everyone gets off from work, and just celebrates one of the greatest days we have as Americans. Granted it's totally shitty weather, at least here in New York, and the games are all stunted, but MLB tried. I feel like there should be games on all day, but I'll take the 6 games we've got. As I'm clearly partial to the Yankees, lets start off with them-
Yankees vs. Tigers- It's Sabbathia vs. Verlander. The Tigers beefed up with Victor Martinez over the offseason, and a lot of people are predicting them to take the AL Central, they're a solid team and it should be an excellent game, it's always a good day when the Big Man is on the mound, and Verlander has Cy Young stuff. The Yankees have a better offense, but it'll be interesting to see the confident, re-worked lineup of the Tigers, I'm saying the Yankees win this one.
Braves vs. Nationals- It's Derek Lowe vs. Livan Hernandez. A lot of people think Derek Lowe is losing his stuff, but he was clutch for the Braves last year. Hernandez has a career 4.39 ERA and isn't exactly lights-out, but with Strasburg hurt the Nat's don't really have anyone else to start on opening day. The Braves are a perennial powerhouse, and have a great team this year. The Nationals are a hungry team, and with the addition of Jayson Werth they're looking to be a new team, not the cellar-dwellers they have been. Plus Werth has to prove that 10 trillion dollar contract was "Werth" it (get it! get it?!) or if his homeless guy beard has lost its magic.I've got the Braves here, the Nat's are on their way up, but are a long way from being a contending team.
Brewers vs. Reds- Yovani Gallardo and Edinson Volquez. The Reds tasted real success for the first time in a while last season, on a lineup led by the only guy more boring than Mark Teixiera, Joey Votto. He's literally dull as dirt but but he crushes the ball. The Brewers revamped over the offseason as well, grabbing Zack Grienke, who pumps himself full of Zoloft before every start, and Shaun Marcum, a solid starter who spent time with the Blue Jays, and they've got Ryan Braun in that lineup, one of the best players in baseball today. I still think it's going to be the Reds here.
Angels vs. Royals-Jered Weaver and Luke Hochevar. The Royals are just not good. I mean really not good. They have a ton of young guys coming up who might change that, but expect them to remain garbage this year. Hochevar is a new guy who has a ton of potential, so expect good things from him at least this season. Weaver is a classic, and even though the Angels didn't do too much this offseason, expect them to be pretty potent offensively. Again, the Royals don't have much going for them, so just ignore them. Definitely a win for the Angels today.
Padres vs. Cardinals- Stauffer vs. Carpenter. I've never even heard of this Stauffer guy, but the Padres are an up and coming team this season, with a ton of potential. Losing Adrian Gonzalez is a big blow for the Padres but they're hungry. The Cardinals are going through some shit this season, with Wainwright out for the season and all these Pujols contract troubles, but expect good things from Pujols. He's playing for money he deserves anyways, but he is going to EXPLODE this season, as good as he is, expect him to even better. It's not gonna be the Cardinals best season ever, but I'm saying they win this game.
Giants vs. Dodgers- Lincecum against Kershaw. This is an awesome pitching matchup. Lincecum is gonna be burning joints in the clubhouse before game time, eating 3 tons of In 'n' Out Burger, and then come out and pitch nastily. Kershaw is fucking lights out, so this game is going to come down to pitching. The Giants are aiming for a repeat with their gaggle of misfits. The Dodgers aren't a huge power, but they do have some solid pitching, and are gunning for control of the NL West. Expect the Giants to win today, still riding high (literally) after last season.
Enjoy your opening day everyone, and feel free to give me shit for these predictions.

18 comments:

  1. This site really has all of the information and facts I needed
    about this subject and didn't know who to ask.
    Feel free to surf my web-site ; Orlando contractor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to every one, the contents existing at this web page are in fact
    amazing for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.
    Also visit my page ; slot machine games

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are good designed for new viewers.

    Feel free to visit my webpage; Oil Commodity Prices

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece of writing presents clear idea in support of
    the new users of blogging, that in fact how to do blogging and site-building.



    my homepage - computer work at home
    Also see my site > how to make real money from home

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most important thing to know when you are
    selling an account is where you are going to sell. One way to test yourself is to deal yourself hand after hand in
    front of a mirror and watch yourself as you react to
    the cards. The player guides Phen through 10 levels of dungeon gameplay, finding a whole host of weapons and other items as well.


    Feel free to surf to my homepage; videos von youtube downloaden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Informative article, just what I wanted to find.

    Feel free to visit my homepage ... video downloader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this article is pleasant, my sister is analyzing such things,
    therefore I am going to tell her.

    Review my site videos von youtube downloaden

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very effortless to find out any matter on web as compared to books, as I found this post at this website.

    My web page; ace hardware gift card

    ReplyDelete
  9. 7 WϹLH ( Foгmat: Cοllеge Radio Wіlkеs Unіversity's radio station plays mostly alternative rock, but Mondays have seemingly always been "Metal Mondays. Perhaps the best thing to do is keep an eye on the promotional deals and be ready to pounce quickly when a suitable one comes up. In much the same way, two-way radio rental offers businesses and individuals substantial savings in money, time and resources that equipment ownership never will.

    My web site :: visit this link
    my website - gentoo.kiev.ua

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.

    Feel free to visit my weblog ... free movies online
    my web page > let me watch this

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am having difficulties with your RSS.

    I don't understand why I can't subscribe to it. Is there anybody
    getting the same RSS problems? Anyone that knows the solution will you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!

    Also visit my website watch movies online
    my web page: letmewatchthis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cоnsider running a contеst οr offering
    a free рroԁuct tip sheet thаt accompanies thе іntеrviеw.

    Perhaps the best thing tο do is κeep
    an еye on the promotionаl ԁеals аnԁ
    be ready to ρоunсe quiсklу when а suitablе one
    comeѕ up. Additionally, somе new
    attributes maκe it even еаsier
    to mаke raԁіo buttons ԁо eхactly what yοu want
    them tο do.

    Vіsit my ѕite ... Going In this article

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is not my first time to pay a quick visit this site, i
    am visiting this web site dailly and get pleasant facts from here daily.



    Feel free to surf to my page tvlinks
    my page: tvlinks

    ReplyDelete
  14. As the admin of this web page is working, no question very soon it will be famous, due
    to its feature contents.

    Feel free to surf to my site - tv links

    ReplyDelete
  15. You actually make it appear really easy together with your presentation but I find this
    matter to be really something that I believe I'd by no means understand. It kind of feels too complex and very large for me. I'm having a look ahead for your
    next publish, I will attempt to get the dangle of it!


    Feel free to surf to my blog mdwaviation.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. However, you must know how to be able to effectively utilize the tools for you to essentially fully use the website.
    You need to make real efforts towards inviting your friends to your fan page.
    Follow the installation process after the download is complete.


    Feel free to visit my website: social-sponsor. com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's truly very difficult in this full of activity life to listen news on TV, therefore I simply use web for that purpose, and take the most up-to-date news.

    my web blog; http://maryellenharl.bravesites.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this blog on regular basis to take updated from hottest gossip.

    My weblog ... Full Document

    ReplyDelete