Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

It has to have something to do with Charlie Sheen, doesn't it?

 
   Just like 3/4 of the rest of America, I'm totally over the whole "Charlie Sheen is hilarious!" thing. It was a fantastic two week run, but it's gotten boring now. Kill a hooker or something Charlie, TMZ has had nothing to do all month. Anyways, I'm going to have to give him credit for the Indians turnaround this season. Number 99, Rick Vaughn, inspiring the shit out of his team. The Indians are off to a ridiculous start. 7 wins in a row, number 1 in the American League Central (suck it Royals) and solid team ERA's and batting averages. I know they haven't exactly been playing the best of the American League, but they swept the Red Sox, just like everyone except the Yankees it seems, a huge accomplishment for a team that was supposed to look a little like the Cleveland Indians of the first "Major League".The Mariners aren't the greatest team in the major leagues today, but they laced up Erik Bedard, who was rolling around with a 2.82 ERA in a few games back in 2009. The Indians jumped on him for 10 hits, including one by good old Shelley Duncan (I think I still have that "Duncan Does It" t-shirt somewhere at home.) Shelley Duncan! A starter! These Cleveland Indians are straight out of "Major League", and it would be nice to see such an underrated franchise succeed a little bit this season. As long as they don't get cocky and get sent...Back to the Minors. Get it?
   You may be asking yourself, "Self, why does this guy think it's cool to see the Cleveland Indians succeed, yet hate on the Texas Rangers harder than anyone else out there?" Well, I'll give you an answer, and it has nothing to do with last year's ALCS. The Rangers are fucking wack. That's all there is to it. I know, I know and 8-1 start, 1st in the AL West, leading the league in home runs, 2.48 team ERA, but none of that matters. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Josh Hamilton is not nearly as cool as everyone thinks he is. Granted, the fuckin Home Run Derby at Yankee Stadium was one of the craziest thing's I've ever witnessed (Yes, I was there.) but that doesn't make him an MVP, or allow the Texas Rangers to coast by on reputation alone, I predict a collapse of Met-like proportions.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment