Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

4 Day Weekend, but I'm Back to Talk About the Rockies

      The Colorado Rockies just can't seem to win in any month except September. As a team, they seemingly have all the pieces to dominate their division and the National League as a whole, but they just can't seem to do it. Troy Tulowitzki is possibly the best shortstop in the game today, definitely one of the best all around players in the game. Tulo hits for power, for average, gets a ton of RBI's, he's won a Gold Glove and is a team leader for the Rockies. They're pitching staff, even with Ubaldo Jiminez doing dumbass "MLB Epic" commercials (made for nerds who can't seem to hop off the San Fransisco Giants' dicks) instead of pitching the way he did last season, is still pretty solid. Colorado has a 3.97 ERA overall for the season, but they can't seem to earn wins. They're bouncing around 3rd place in the NL West, with a sub-.500 record. They're not really doing anything, and for a team like the Rockies that's a goddamned shame.
   Colorado has this kind of underdog vibe that's really cool, but it must suck for them. They've never won a World Series title, they've only won 1 pennant, and I just can't quite figure out why. The run they went on in September of 2007 was one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed, but they just couldn't keep it up. That's the Rockies biggest problem, they just can't keep shit up. Carlos Gonzalez is a perfect example of the Rockies, amazingly talented, but just can't keep it up. Competing with the number he put up last year would be impossible for anyone, but like I said, it's exactly like the Rockies. They get unbelievably hot for a few weeks, and then suck for the rest. Godspeed Colorado Rockies, maybe this will finally be your year.
     I am fucking tickled pink over this Bartolo Colon thing. Did he seriously pitch a complete game, 4 hit shutout this weekend? That's re-goddamned-diculous. I forgot Phil Hughes even existed. I keep telling myself it can't last, but maybe there is something to be said about this stem cell injection thing he's got going on. Also, there was apparently something insane like 146 home runs hit this holiday weekend, that seems like far too many. Granted I was imbibing alcohol a little bit too much to focus on baseball, but still. Did every Major League Player hit at least one? Did Jose Bautista take some time off from arguing with John Danks (seriously? A Danks-Bautista fight? Danks is clearly just upset that he's been dry humping the dugout with his miserable performances lately, and wants to steal a little bit of Bautista's thunder) to hit them all himself? Speaking of giving up home runs, JoJo Reyes, he of the 28 game winless streak, earns himself a win finally, and a complete game at that.
   One final thing I have to get off my chest. It pains me more than almost anything else to say this, but I, me, M.D. Flanagan, blogging god and Fantasy baseball champion, lost to Bryan this week. It's not easy to admit, but I have to give him credit, he beat me fair and square with decent pitching and almost no offense. However, I'm still in second place overall, so suck it. Great Hambino's go back to back. I'm calling it now, and I'm motherfucking baseball Zeus.

No comments:

Post a Comment