Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Puke free since '03

   Crisis averted looks like I am on the road to recovery and I have to thank my amazing immune system which has to be the strongest  in the world since I haven't been to a doctor in over 7 years and I am somehow still alive. But I still have some residual effects and since last night was some of the most interesting sleep I have ever had ( I watched the new Nightmare on Elm Street which  was fucking terrible . I have a bunch of issues with that movie like how little concern the parents had for their kids and how if you were a fat kid in that area you had to be super pumped because only the annoying pretty kids got molested and murdered by the guy who lives in the basement of a nursery school. I mean come on if I heard that the nursery school I am sending my kid to had a guy living in the basement I would probably look for another school or maybe the police but thats just me )  so I would close my eyes for like 5 minutes and then wake up then close my eyes for 15 minutes and so on until I just said fuck it I have seen a bunch of the Nightmare movies so I know how this shit works and zonked out around like 2am.  But during my fever induced sleep the idea of who the Mets could trade or sign to make them better without breaking the bank.



    Where to start? Lets start with the biggest hole on the Mets is the pitching staff. As it stands right now Johan Santana might be ready so he will be the Ace of the staff , then the big lick Mike Pelfrey, Jon Niese , R.A Dickey and Dillon Gee. What the Mets could do is trade off Pelfrey to like the Twins for Francisco Liriano here is my reason Pelfrey might do well in a new city and the Twins are running out of patience with Liriano  and Lirinao  has been iffy since Santana left Minnesota so a reunion might help the hard throwing lefty a boost. Also it seems lefties seem to have a better go of it at Citi field then righties do  so plus side all around and the Twins like over hyped talent... Joe Mauer.  That move is just a hold over move until Harvey and Wheeler are ready to deal in the bigs but knowing the Mets they might lock Learn down for 6 years.  Plus there are always guys who are coming off down years looking to make it back into the spotlight each year so taking a flyer on someone could help out more then anything. Like Chris Young could have been something special last year if he didn't get hurt. Yeah I bet you forgot he was on the team for 5 minutes lsat year but look at Capuano he had a nice bounce back year and did what the Mets needed him to do ... Win more then 3 games and not die so that was a great signing.  


   Its sad to think that the Mets might have to trade off David Wright to help balance out the books. Wright  numbers have not translated well to Citi and he has been getting hurt more as he has been getting older but he still possesses power and the ability to play gold glove defense and hit. I suggest trading David to the Angels for Mark Turbo and Peter Bourgeois of course your gonna have to sweeten the deal up a bit so throw in Jenry Meja and two mid level guys to open up some space for the Angels. See the Angels have Mike Trout in the wait and dude can ball but Peter Bourgeois stands in his way in center field  and they have a pretty big hole at third. The Angels plan on making Turbo who took over 1st base for them last year and was a rookie of the year contender with 29 home runs but the Angels have made moves to make a series run with El Hombre and El douche bag (C.J. Wilson) so do you really want to rely on Turbo at 3rd with the sophomore slump and learning a new defensive  position. So this deal works out well sine Turbo and Bourgeois have yet to "break out " in the Bigs so they will arbitration ready after a few years. Bourgeois can man center and when Kirk Nieuwenhuis is ready to take over for Bay in Left field next year.  If you think about it Turbo and Bourgeois fit perfectly into the Mets Lineup : 1. CF Bourjos 2. 2b Murphy 3. 3rd Trumbo 4.1b Davis 5. Rf Duda 6.Lf Bay 7. C.Thole 8. Ss.Tejda 9. Who ever pitches that day.  Trumbo, Davis and Duda could be a very powerful trio .

   As I hinted to in the last sentence the Mets should probably trade Bay like the Yankees traded Burnett  to a team in 2013 to a team in the hunt who needs some power or defense because if you look at it Bay has been good on the field just not at the plate. Or they should trade him to a team like Seattle because they love to make stupid moves and Bay might love being close to home since he grew up in the Pacific north west but up in Canada. Yeah and since the Gm out there know the bare minimum about baseball the Mets could probably send Bay and Gee out there for John Jaso , Michael Saunders , and some pitching prospects. I know that's out there  but seriously then send Michael Pineda to the Yankees for Jesus Monitor who will not be that good out in Seattle.


     I am not 100% sold on Ruben Tejeda  and Daniel Murphy in the middle infield with no real good prospects in sight except for Reese Haven and Jordan Valdespin but there is really nothing good out there for the middle infield that would be cheap. So for right now I can deal with Murphy hitting .300 with a few knocks and platooning with Turner  who is a good option off the bench.  The Mets need good pitching and the pick ups in the bullpen adding John Raush , Ramon Ramirez, Frank Francisco  should be good enough to survive. I am available for a consultant job I will work for 3 years for 70 k which is a butt load cheaper then half the front office and I promise nothing.   Oh and in my final Act as  a member of Mets brass... Hire Paul Lo Duca as toughness coach ... Miss you buddy.

    Sadly I know these moves wont be made so it might be dark times ahead. The best we can hope for is a .500 season or the rare underdog run that mess up teams seasons but we should hope for the best because we are Mets fans and we are tougher then nails and have more character then Yankees fans because we know what its like to fail and we know what its like to win if we stick together and ride this out we can have a ton of fun. Ok I know its not one of my greatest rally cries but spring training just started... I don't know  but I do like playing Gm in pretend time. I think I might do this again.

1 comment:

  1. I create a comment whenever I appreciate a article on a site or
    if I have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation.
    It is a result of the sincerness communicated in the post I browsed.
    And on this post "Puke free since '03". I was moved enough to post
    a leave a responsea response ;) I actually do have 2 questions for you if it's allright. Is it only me or does it give the impression like a few of the comments come across like they are coming from brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on additional sites, I'd
    like to follow you. Would you list the complete urls of your social
    pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?


    Here is my web site: Abercrombie

    ReplyDelete