Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An opening day survey after the first month of the season. Thats on me , I be lazy


                              


   This post was soppused to be ready by the end of March and by opening day but with work and hitting a wall of creativity. So this idea came to me because I enjoy not doing a lot of work and I really like burdening friends and family. I sent out a survey of a bunch of baseball type questions to gage interest and to show off my amazing interviewing skills...or not but I have been sitting on a few of these for about a month and I really appreicate everyone taking the time to fill them out.

  Taking part in this survey are some of the normal Crew like Mikey, Big Cat, The Big Q and Lil Grineke but I did get some new people  yes two of them are my aunt( aunt G) and cousin(Leann), one of them I went to high school with and we always disagree about sports (Emily)  but the other (Laura and Day) two I work with so get off my ass. Like I said I really appriecate everyone taking the time out of their  days  to do this for me and for the ones who haven't done it yet ... What the hell bro ? I'm joking....

   IT'S ABOUT THE BASEBALL 

So here are the questions and if you want to answer the questions too feel free to send your answers to the facebook page.  Just like the last one I did I wont use everyones answers but what I feel the best answer is. I will use everyone  more then once and since I had everyone send me an email with their answers I will copy and paste their answers so I did not change any of their spelling or short hand.

1. What is your team, who is your rival ?
Aunt G: THE YANKEES. BOSTON RED SOX
Leann:My team is the Yankees, my rival is Red Sox.
Mikey:Yankees, and my rivals are anyone who disagree and give me shit for it
Big Cat:Mets/Astros against Braves/St. Louis
Big Q:The METS. In general the Yankees or the BRaves
Lil Grineke: Mets and those asshole phillies
Laura:mets....so obvi the philthies...i mean phillies lol
Day:My team is the mets, my rival is the phillies.
Emily: My team: New York Yankees My Rival: THE CITY OF BOSTON! haha...The Red Sox


What I live in NY all my friends are from NY. You have an issue fill out the survey and I will put it up if I do a part 2 
2. Are you a stat dork or do you like the drama of the game ?
All Right I am just going to do this one my self . It's spilt people like stats because of fantasy baseball but everyone loves the drama of the game. 


3. How do you think your team will do this season ?
Em :  I was nervous at first, after our embarrassing playoff run in 2011, but i feel like we made the right moves this off season and we will do great.
Laura : id love to see them do well....but im a mets fan so im ready for disappointment 
Big Cat : we're FUCKED.
Big Q :Cant tell you till after July
Leann : I think they will do great, as they do every year.. Pettitte is back and doing great!

4. Is there one team other then your own in the league that you like? 
LG :  dont mind watching the Cubies win (except against the mets)
Mikey: Giants, and the Dodgers
Laura : i enjoy the red sox too
Big Cat :I love LA Dodgers, Seattle, White sox
And everyone else said no 


5. What stadiums have you been to , which stadiums would you like to see?
This one I was honestly surprised with how many people  went to different stadiums 
Big Cat : Shea, New and old Yankee, Citi Field, Camden Yards, The Metrodome, Comiskey Park (US Cellular), Wrigley field, AT&T park, the Oakland coliseum, Safeco field, and i"ve been outside of Candlestick Park, Philly and Fenway Park
Laura : ouch are you ready for this list....citi and shea, both yankee stadiums, fenway, camden yards, nationals park, citizens bank, great american ball park, progressive field, turner field, metrodome, rogers centre, busch stadium, wrigley, us cellular field, comerica park, pnc park, coors field, safeco, sun life stadium, rangers ballpark in arlington, chase field, and minute maid park. And I am on a mission to see them all sooooo whatever is left I want to go to haha
Em : we did a tour one summer of the stadiums in the yankees division. so i have been to Toronto.....hated it....fenway, camden, and tampa. also cleveland and what was once Shea...and of course the old and new Yankee Stadium.
i would love to do Colorado, rangers stadium, St Louis....anywhere really. i just love getting drunk and eating hotdogs!!
Aunt G: BOTH YANKEES, SHEA, A FEW SPRING TRAINING FIELDS. I'D LIKE TO GO TO CITIFIELD, SAFECO, WRIGLEY, BEEN TO FENWAY BUT DID NOT SEE A GAME WOULD LIKE TO SEE A GAME THERE. 
Day :I've only been to the ones in NY, so sad  I want to go to all of them!


6. What time of year do start getting excited for baseball season (pre or post NFL playoffs) ?
Aunt G: USUALLY AS SOON AS THE SEASON ENDS I CAN NOT WAIT FOR IT TO START AGAIN
Mikey : As soon as the cowboys are out of the playoffs, and even more when the rangers lose aswell
Big Q: When I remember its on lol. 
LG : day after the Giants parade
Big Cat : Year round. the game is life

7. Favorite Player / Least favorite player ?
Big Cat : favourite's crag biggio, and fuck Mike Bordick ( Mike Bordick ? what an odd person to hate
Day: David Wright is my fave! ... umm my least fave, idk anyone from the phillies 
LG : Troy Tulowitzki/A-rod (scum bag)
Laura : my fave changes often based on who i think is doing well...not who is necessarily doing well but to be a little cliche i do love me some david wright so as an overall fave i would have to say him...least is arod...wayyyyy overrated and it gets a little annoying
Big Q: Favorite Player is  Wright. Least Favorite Player is Yader Molena Or however you spell that bastards name
Mikey: Teix/David Ortiz
Leann: Favorite player is Derek Jeter, not because he's sexy and beautiful,. but because he is a true baseball player without drama & steroids. My least favorite player is David Ortiz.
I think this one was largely based on looks.... Big Q


8. Do you remember what your first game was ? 
Leann:I was about 10.. I remember the first feeling of walking into Yankee stadium, it gives me the goosies
Em: was 3 or 4. the Yankees were awful back then and were playing the Angels. My father bought nose bleed seats and back then you could sneak down to right behind the dugout no problem. we were losing by some god awful amount, yet came back to win the game. afterwards my dad got me a stuffed rabbit in a yankee uniform, i named her angel so i would never forget how we kicked their ass lol
Big Q: It was a mets game with the boy souts. ( how straight does that sound
Big Cat: summer 1998, shea stadium. Mets vs Brewers, Piazza hit his first homer as a Met
Aunt G :  IT WAS A MET GAME UNCLE MIKE TOOK ME TO 


9. Favorite thing to do at a game ? 
Day :Eat 
Mikey : get hyped for a sick day of tailgating, only to be told that were not allowed lolthe back story of this is that we went to an O's game set up our tailgate and were told by police to put all of our stuff away but the underage kids could drink... I have been mad ever since) 
LG: Heckel opposing teams players/ fans
Pretty much everyone likes to drink and eat 

10. During the past offseason what move shocked you the most  ? 
Big Q : mm i just googled that. Did you know Jose Reyes went to Florida!?!?!?!!?
LG: The move Josh Hamilton made, falling off the wagon ( ohh this one will get me in trouble ) 
Big Cat : Pujols going to LAA
Em : besides the Jets getting Tebow?...Albert Pujols packing up for LA
Day : Idk, I don't follow too much. Was sad that Reyes left, idk if I was shocked by it though.
Laura: losing nick evans *tear* 

11.  Do you think  players who sign outrageous contracts are worth   the future of a franchise? 
Aunt G : NO I DO NOT. BUT MORE BECAUSE I THINK IT IS SILLY HOW MUCH ALL BALL PLAYERS MAKE. TEACHERS AND NURSES SHOULD MAKE MORE THEN A BALL PLAYER. 
Mikey : possibly, it all depends on how well they can bring fans in, and be the face of the franchise
Day : Idk that requires lots of thought from me lol I mean if they're young and not injury prone i guess it's ok.
Em: no. thats y i loved paul oneil. he used to always say he wants to retire a yankee, its where he belongs and he doesnt 
care about making more $$ than he could spend in a lifetime anyway
Big Q :NO. I save lives for a fucking living and make shit. They hit a ball with a fucking stick. Do you see the problem I do.

I found it really strange that most of the Yankees fans said they didn't like the big contracts. I might now the 1% of Yankees fans that don't find big contracts a good thing. 


12. This year should start the new playoff format, with a one game wild card play in round. Do you think this is a good move or a bad move ? 
LG:  dont think its a good move, never like changing americas past time
Laura : i like the idea....but i think we will have to wait and see what happens and how much it really effects the season

And everyone else seems to find this move oh whats the word... Fucking stupid.

13. Since baseball added instant replay for questionable home runs  do you think they should expand the reach of instant replay for more then just home runs ? 
Laura : i go back and forth with this...there are times when it would help my team so of course i want it or in situations like the not perfect game last year where such a huge mistake was made...but then you have to go back to the heart of the game and mistakes are going to be made and as someone who works games i could only imagine how long games would get if the umps were running off the field every inning to check the film
Em: fuck no. the games r sometimes long enough
Big Q: Thats like french to me. I dont get it
Day :  I don't think umpires are always good, so it's be nice to have it expanded. 
Aunt G: HONESTLY FOR SOMETHINGS YES LIKE WHEN A CRAP CALL COSTS A PITCHER A PERFECT GAME.


14.  Do you think the Umpires have done a good job  calling games in the post season the last 3 yeas? Bias views aside 
LG: 90% of the calls they are criticized for are bang bang plays soo i think they are doing alright
Big Q: No, Im gonna say no
Mikey : Bias views aside minus the year the yankees won in 09, because they sucked regardless of what team you go for, i say yes
Aunt G: I KIND OF THINK THEY ALWAYS DO BETTER IN THE POST SEASON LIKE THEY KNOW HOW IMPORTANT EACH CALL IS. DURING THE SEASON I THINK THEY ARE MORE APT TO BLOW A CALL

15. What makes a player an M.V.P type player , is it just stats or is there something else ? 
Big Cat : you know it when you see it.
LG: Stats, work ethic, and attitude
Em: i feel like all the care about in the MLB is stats when factoring something like that.
but i think MVPs should also have that drama and sparkle that make a fan wanna watch
Day: stats but also how they are as a team player. I'd hate for an mvp to be an asshole.
Laura: i think stats should have a lot to do with it because without the stats how could you make a definitive decision....however a person who plays with incredible heart and comes through for his team does deserve to be honored as well.
Leann: Leadership and being a good sportsman



 16. Not to long ago we looked at baseball players like  Thurman Munson, Gary Carter, Paul O'neil , Cal Ripken Jr, Ken Griffey Jr and others as heros. Over the past decade or so there haven't really been  players who have been considered a good role model . Do you think there is a player out there now that should be consider a good role model ?
Laura :honestly...no. its sad to have to say it but i cant think of anyone i would want my son looking up to as the greatest ever
 Mikey:  Derek Jeter, and i would even say a young player like Buster Posey in the future
Aunt G: JETER I FIRMLY BELIEVE IS A GOOD ROLL MODEL AND NOT JUST BECAUSE HE IS A YANKEE. HE IS ONLY IN THE NEWS FOR BASEBALL STUFF AND THAT'S DAMN HARD. ODDLY I ALSO BELIEVE JOSH HAMILTON BECAUSE OF WHAT HE HAS OVERCOME
Em :i know ur gonna think its bias but...Derek Jeter.He tries to stay out of the media, works hard and is a stand up player and person. i think he is one of the few classy men left in basebal
Big Cat: Craig Biggio, Mike Piazza, David Wright, Derek Jeter to name a few
LG: David Wright has his own charity and never bad mouths his team even though they are sinking faster then the titanic, he's a pretty good role model


 17.  Pitch counts, Inning limits, pitchers wear jackets on base ,do you think baseball babies pitchers these days? 



Everyone also said yes... I should of had a bunch of these questions. I thought this would be so easy but  I was wrong... I was worng


 18. What two teams do you think right now have the best shot of getting into the World Series ?
Aunt G: THE YANKEES AND THE METS. OK I AM BIAS LOL
Big Cat : LAA and Miami ( this was a month ago ) 
Em: i honestly dunno. i think its gonna be a good year. i hope the Yankees!.....and i hope NOT the fucking Phillies. they never used to bother me till recently. i hate their fans! haha
Big Q:  Clevland and Arizona
LG:  it kills me to say it but i think it is gunna be the yankees and the phillies 
Laura: right now! i have to pick?!? can i just say mets bc that would be a dream?? hahaha
Day :Phillies and Yankees probably....ew


  19.  What do you think of the practice of Money ball? Do you think teams should go after players who excel in some statistical areas and have you seen the movie because I want to I just don't buy Brad Pitt as Billy Beane? 
Day : I did see the movie, idk i didn't love it as much as i thought i would. Um if they excel in something statistically thats good for the team no? so why not go after them?
Big Q:Not sure. Didnt see it.
Big Cat: I just finished watching it. it's not only stats but everything else. baseball is full of mysteries.
Mikey: i feel like in every type of business you need the best, and should do anything for the best..why should it be diffrent in sports?
Aunt G :IF THEY ARE LACKING IN THAT AREA THEN WHY NOT. I HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE. I CAN NOT STAND BRAD PITT

 20.  During last seasons post season we saw the St.Louis Cardinals who were basically dead in the water coming out of the All Star game get hot and run away with it largely thanks to El hombre Albert Pujols and the  determination of the other players . Do you think there is a team this year that can shock everyone like the Cardinals did last year? 
Mikey: PITTSBURG!... (h) 
Em: thats ridiculously impossible to predict lol I would like to see the Pirates maintain what they had going out of the gate last season tho. I would love to see them do well for once.
Big Q: Isnt that the point of the game. A talented group of ball players that rise up to the challenge bcd they have the skill not just a loaded staff of players that are payed to win?? 
LG :  I think the Nationals could do it, agian this is coming from a mets fan
Laura : the scrappy guys...they are the ones who will be playing with heart all season long....even til the last game...not taking a bunt single in the 1st and then leaving the game as soon as theyve guaranteed themselves the batting title *cough cough* 
Big Cat : hopefully the mets? i wouldn't hold my breath, but no one is more fucked than them

21. To follow up #20 what kind of team would you rather play on  a team that is full of extremely talented stars or a team of scrappy players who are not consider to be as good as other players? 
Once again a general answer of Scrappy players. I honestly love these questions right now. Who knew how hard it was to copy and paste. This should be a full time job some where. 


22. Movies were made about and featuring the Indians, Yankees, Twins, Dodgers, Cubs,A's and probably others. Grammar aside what team would like to see a movie be made about or featuring ?
Aunt G: THE 98 YANKEES AND THE 28 YANKEES.
Mikey : Giants, and how awesome their team is
Em: shit i dunno...nothing compares to The Sandlot hahaha
Big Q: The LA Dodgers or Oakland Athletics, With Glenn Burke being a Gay athlete in the 70's. should be cool
Big Cat : ASTROS
Laura : i would go see a movie about the 86 mets...they were pretty fascinating
LG :  would love to see a movie featuring the mets.....even though it would probably be a horror film
Day : the mets? idk i have no idea 

23. Is there one game that you have been to or have seen on T.V that you will always remember because you feel that it was the best game you have ever seen? 
Leann :  The game in 2004 where Jeter flew into the stands to save the ball during a tied game 
Mikey : last game of the subway series 
Aunt G: DAVID WELLS PERFECT GAME. A GAME I WENT TO A FEW YEARS AGO AT THE OLD STADIUM WAS ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF MUNSONS DEATH AND I WILL NEVER FORGET BEING THERE. BUT I DO NOT REMEMBER THE GAME THAT WAS PLAYED. IT WAS ACTUALLY THE EMOTIONAL ASPECT OF THE DAY
Day :nope...is that sad??
Em:I have 2 actually.David Wells perfect game in 1999. I was young but I remember how the stadium sounded when that last out was made. It was magic. And I still have the Ostrich beanie baby that was given to kids that day!
And the other was the 2001 world series game 5. Scottie B hit the game tying homer and Jeter hit the game winning homer. even tho we lost that series that was one of the most exciting series i can remember. and being at that game was unforgettable...oh oh and to add to 22 bcd i have been to WAY too many games to pick one.....i was at the last game at the old Yankee Stadium. me and my dad cried so much, tried to steal our seats and i got to see Derek's speech right there. that was incredible
Big Q:I dont really remember what happened earlier today. But I think I say mark mcguire hit a couple of homeruns b in the d
Big Cat:when baseball returned to NY after september 11th 2001. Braves vs Mets. where bitter rivals came together in the wake of devastation. where Mike Piazza lifted the city with one swing of the bat, even moreso than Bobby Thompson's shot heard round the world.
LG: deffinately the mets game on 9/21/01 against the Braves
Laura:clay buckholz no hitter...it was my first game a fenway nad that ballpark has a way of pulling you in and mesmorizing you...that and it was an amazing game

24.  Why do you love baseball? 
Laura : i started to get into bc of my boyfriend...him being a huge baseball fan meant either get into it or not have anything to talk about haha but honestly i have truly become my own fan...there is something really exciting about the game. i think i really love the optimism of spring training, the excitement of opening day, the heartbreak too....it just all comes together to make something really special
LG : i love everything about the game of baseball and the hustle, passion, and determination it takes to play it
Big Cat:it's my first true love. i cant explain it.
Leann: I love baseball because of the action and the sportsmanship of the game. I love the feeling of watching your favorite team slam a home run and the feeling you get after you watch them win
Em: i love it for so many reasons. its the only thing that can make me so happy then so pissed off in a matter of minutes. it brings my family together, esp on Sundays for our season package seats. it makes me think of my childhood and how i bonded with my dad. ill always thank my dad for getting my so addicted to baseball.
Day : I understand it, which is a big deal lol mainly it started with David Wright though...duh lol 
Aunt G: IT STARTED BECAUSE I REMEMBER WATCHING GAMES WITH POPPOP FRANK SO IT WAS A WAY TO SPEND TIME WITH HIM. I GREW TO JUST LOVE THE GAME ITSELF. IT'S A CONSTANT IT'S ALWAYS THERE. THERE IS ALWAYS BASEBALL <OK STOLE SOME OF THAT FROM FIELD OF DREAMS LOL
Mikey : its an amazing skill filled sport, that captures the essence of determination and makes comebacks look insane
Big Q: When its exciting its exciting. Plus the HOtties!!!!



   Holy Crap that took a lot longer then I expected... So much time has past I started this around like 3pm its 11:30.  I would like to thank everyone who completed this survey for their awesome answers and their time. Also I would Like to thank everyone who didn't fill out this survey because this shit was real. I need some time to recoup but If I get a few more surveys I will do a part 2. 

P.S - There were actually 25 questions. It was asking what everyone thought about the blog and if there was anything needed to be changed and over all everyone loves the site so I am gonna keep them for a 
rainy day.   


P.P.S- I think I am going to watch Field of Dreams right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment