Ok so before I get into it lets talk Colts football. If you didn't hear this past weekend 2 Colts Cheerleaders shaved their domes in effort to raise some more money for CHUCKSTRONG which is a charity for the Colts recently hired head coach Chuck Pagano. Earlier this year we all found out that he had been diagnosed with leukemia. Since the Colts are a stand up organistation besides what I said about how the owner handled the whole Peyton Manning thing but it worked out well for both parties.With the Colts changing its whole personality and philosophy expecting to have a long road to get back to a contender and the Colts felt Pagano was the right man to do it. Since leukemia is a huge dick Chuck had to take a leave so that he can receive treatment taking him away from the team for season. With such a young team and veteran on shaky ground you'd expect the Colts would pack it in and maybe get 2 or three wins. But the Colts organization and fans banded together around Chuck and have become the best part of this NFL season. It shows you that people are surprising with all the support, money and just goodness that has come out of this it is truly amazing to see. So if you are tired of being beaten down by the trash that is the whole Jerry Jones normal meddling ways, getting Andy Reid fired, Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez bullshit with how much they "love" each other yet can't turn it into wins, the whole bounty scandal that still finds its way into the airwaves and Phil Simms opening his dumb mouth check out the Colts for a while and have your batteries recharged because thats what football should be. Highlight the greatness in a team playing together not the aggravation in a team falling apart. CHUCKSTRONG .
Ok Lets get into so Free Agents.
So this off season has all ready started off with a splash and has just started to slow down. Do you realize its been like 2 weeks since that bullshit deal the Marlins pulled off by sending 90% of their starters to the Blue Jays which side-note Super pumped about the Blue Jays now. I have been saying the Blue Jays are one or two moves away from being in it and they just made 6 moves in 1 without losing anything. Their rotation is now stacked JJ, Ricky Ro, Burhele , and 2 other guys , the offense is bonkers now : Jose Reyes, Melky Cabrera , Joey Batts, Edwin Encarnicion , Brett Lawrie , Colby Rasmus, J.P. Arencabia , John Buck, and Emilio Bonifcao all wearing the Blue. Look out Yankees, Red Sox, O's and Rays. The AL east is still the Class of the MLB. Anyway let me pick out a few team changing free agents that are out there right now. I mean I could just list everyone and get into minor league deals but I just don't care.
1) Josh Hamilton - The Texas slugger and my all time player... Fuck him. He is going to go out and check out places like the Red Sox, Brewers, Mariners and Phillies but lets be real he isn't going to leave Texas. It would be a career killing move for him to go to a place like Boston. If he has such a problem with Nolan Ryan telling him like it is just imagine thousands of Red Sox's fans in that tiny ass stadium when he plays like shit in the day time and goes 0-15 against the Yankees. I do like him in the Brewers line up being the number 2 douche right behind Ryan Braun and having a guy with a drinking problem sign with a team named the Brewers, play in a place called Miller park, and be in ground zero for beer battered food would be pretty funny. the Mariners are an interesting choice and I bet you that his teammate Adrian Beltre and he told Josh " hey buddy you want to make a ton of money , not do anything and not get bad press ? Go to Seattle " because there is no real reason for a guy like Hamilton to go to a team like the Mariners. Let me explain, The Mariners aka the Ichiro Juniors have been making moves and have pretty much sealed it up that they are at least 5 years away from making a serious run at it and signing up a guy like Hamilton who is over 30 and has only played in real small ball parks for most of his career. Going up to the North west would be a terrible move, he is a contending player who has been so close to the ring for the past 3 years taking a huge step backwards doesn't make sense. And Fuck the Phillies just take the Boston reason and put cheese wiz on it with onions.
2) B.J. Upton - Boss man Junior is not going back to the Rays. That is set in stone, probably. They spent the last 3 years trying to trade this guy and now have a way to get rid of him with out getting some rental for 3 months and now they will get 2 draft picks. No, B.J will probably go to an N.L team. reports are saying he will make a choice this week. I would like to see him sign with Arizona and play with his brother but the DBacks have been shopping Justin around to anyone who will take him because he will cost a bunch money when he hits the market next year. ATL and Philly have been making power moves to bring him in and I think for him to succeed he should go to ATL. Philly is on the verge of imploding with their team that aged 10 years after 2009 . With No Chipper and McCann a question to start the season due to injury the Braves need some pop and speed in the top of that lineup to hold them over until their crazy eyed catcher comes back. With Bossman and the J-hay kid there it could be really cool Center and Right Field combo. Plus twitter explode in hashtags.
3) Nick Swisher - The Bro of the MLB. For some dumb reasons a lot of Yankees fans have given Swish the old heave hoe because he said that playing in the playoff in NY is playing in front of a tough crowd. That and batting under .200 during the post season I guess means he gets a one way ticket to go fuck your self road. I feel the Swish was the best move the Yankees made in 2009 , if you look at his stats he puts up plus 25 home runs, around 80 rbis , and walks like a mugga fugga he would make any money ball team to the next level. Swish is a west coast guy and with his ability to play first base, the corners of the outfield and pitch makes him a solid target for a team like Texas if Hamilton walks away, Seattle, Giants and the Dodgers. Swish adds a lot to any team he goes to but some teams in the East might throw some cash his way. Boston is a player and the Phillies because both teams have money and made roster clearing moves last year. I think Swish will go out west , his hot wife is expecting a baby and he would feel more comfortable out there. I think San Fran or the Dodgers make the most sense. Instant fan favorite and instantly hated by the other team.
4. Zack Grineke - Hmm where would Grineke go? Should he go to a high pressure team where every little thing he does is under a microscope , will he go to a team loaded with talent, or will he go hide away ? The Dodgers need another pitcher like Magic Johnson needs another talk show. I was thinking of doing an Aids joke but thats not my style and have you ever seen the Magic Hour ? Its fire. The Dodgers will give him a lot of cash but I think a team like the Cardinals would be a nice fit for the kid. He'll have two other Cy Young winners in the rotation with him ,a pretty veteran offense and the mind set of never quit during the playoffs.
5. Mike Nappoli - Teams like the Yankees, Boston and Texas have made some noise on the catcher that Mike Soccia didn't like. He is a power bat and there is no way he will switch leagues so he wont go to an NL team. He can play catcher some first and Dh so the Yankees might be the best fit for him. I think Boston will lose interest in him because they have a bunch of prospects and just might ride with it... This would of have been the season to bring in Bobby V. Figure the Yankees will make the most attractive place for him but a team like the Rays could use a power bat like Napp and since he is from Fla and you don't have to pay income tax in Fla they could become a dark horse team for him.
6. Michael Bourn - The Speedster is going to stay in the NL east but with who. He could resign with ATL , go back to Philly or lock it down in DC each line up instantly gets better. The Braves will basically stay the same . Bourn will tip the scales left in Philly, if he signs there the line up will be : Bourn lefty, Rollins switch , Utley lefty, Howard lefty, Mayberry righty, Brown Lefty, and Chooch righty a solid lefty reliever smartly used at the end of the game could hand cuff that line up. But If he goes to the Nats that just becomes such a deeper line up. They'll move Harper down in the line up and move Morse to first base. Also having a true center fielder it will give the Nats a stable presence in every spot in the outfield. I think the Nats could be the best fit for him. Also I would like to see the Nats sign a guy like Youkilis to add a veteran bat to the line up who can give Zimmerman a day at 3rd as well as work in with who ever is playing first. Youk can teach Harper how to walk more.
Yeah so thats it. I kinda played it safe no real shocking moves will be made this season. I think a guy like Jason Bay will pay someone to take him on even though he will drop 40 home runs 200 rbis and hit .500 all year. Hopefully with Christmas coming up a lot of players will sign up so they can get some cash for the presents. I guess sooner or later I have to start making my picks for the NFL playoffs. Lets just say the Giants are going to do some damage.