Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

Doing Work like a boss .... 4 months after I came up with the idea

                                   
   I should of done this a long time ago but I wanted to wait until everyone saw these movies , but I waited too long, then I forgot about it , then I forgot I wrote a blog , then most of these movies came out on dvd, and then I remembered I wrote this stupid thing so the idea came back to me like a rush of cold air when you leave you're fly open when you try to look cool. 

     During the summer I pretty much made it a point to go see all the big movies that came out this year. I might of missed a few but  I went to see a good chunk of them.  So I guess if you are going to see these movies you're probably going to buy them on DVD or rent them from Netflix. So here we go 


            SUMMER MOVIE REVIEWS..... In November . 



1. The Hunger Games - OK My brother saw this movie in the theaters and he convinced me to read all three of the books during my down time (at work). Quick review of the books , I might of liked them if I was a 12 year old girl. But I felt it was not as good as it was hyped up to be. So a few weeks ago my brother bought the dvd and I watched it. Needless to say I hated it. As a movie it is lame as shit. There is very little character development and its paced so fast that when they finally started killing each other you don't really give two shits on who bites it. Besides them cutting out some pretty important parts of the story the movie was stupid and the only redeeming aspect of the whole thing was my dude Stanley Tucci . Stealing the show like a mother fucking pro. The Tucc was loose and ran wild on Panam. If you're a fan of the book you've seen it, if your curious  rent it , but don't buy it , It kinda blows 

2. The Avengers -  I made no secret on how much I wanted to see this movie. Frankly I rearranged my entire work schedule so I can catch the midnight release. Now normally when you get that hyped for a movie you are in for a disappointing evening ( Spider-man 3, Godzilla, and Honey 2... I thought it would  be just as good as Honey 1) but no . This movie delivered on so many levels. Like 1. Scarlett Johansson talked like 3 times , 2. Mark Ruffalo  "America's favorite supporting actor" did a good job of being Bruce Banner , 3. The Fight scenes were way better then the dialog  and 4 I want to buy all the toys even though I am an adult.  I wished that Sammy L. Jackson said Motha  Fugga  once which would have made it the prefect movie. I can't wait to waste my money on Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2 all to get to Avengers 2. Thats at least $900 of movie going right there. Rent It , Buy it , enjoy it . Avengers is not going to blow you away with amazing acting except for Loki who is crazy good in this  but the story and action will definitely be a staple of a movie night with friends or those night where you say to your self " Self I want to watch shit get blowed up !" 

3. Men in Black 3 - Ok this didn't save the world like I said it would. But I think it's a long game type of deal. Like this was Will Smith telling the world  " I am coming back so get ready to get giggy with it... Parents don't understand " .  Not a lot of people saw it and it really wasn't well received but I thought it was a good enough movie. It was funny, it was entertaining and but it fell a little flat some times. I still 100% think Will Smith is our savior but it is going to take until his next movie where he will play Man saving the world from (insert obstacle ) and he makes witty remarks before he says " WHAAAAT " or he quickly mutters what just happened. I don't even know if this came out on dvd but if you got netflix like 90%  of you do and you still get the dvd delivery , put it in you queue its worth a watch. You got nothing to lose. 

4. The Amazing Spider-Man - I have said this many times while talking about this movie. " I wish I could of seen the movie they cut out ." Seriously It felt like the just gutted this movie just so they could build up the romance part of the movie. Look we aren't robots of course everyone loves Emma Stone is the "down to earth" "Girl next door" that we have no chance with , so they could of left some of the becoming spiderman or becoming the Lizard parts in the movie.  It was an eeeh  movie. All the cool parts were shown in the trailers so there was no real surprise. It was like The Edward Norton Hulk. Like yeah the effects are cool and your kinda hyped to see them but since movie marketing is such a joke they showed you all the cool stuff in the trailer so all your'e really there for are 2 fight scenes and a Stan Lee Cameo.  I don't know if you rent it you wont get the bonus stuff so your kinda handcuffed into buying it. I'd avoid it watch Spiderman 2 it is the best one. 

5. Prometheus-  I have heard multiple reasons on why I should like this movie. Like don't think of it as an alien prequel or don't go into it expecting instant gratification. But look you promise me an aliens movie I have a reasonable expectation to see at least more then 3 aliens not just  penis snake, a Vagina monster and those engineer dudes who what I assume my sperm would look like if I took  steroids. I felt no sympathy for those idiot scientists who got lost , or the 2 jerkoffs  who brought everyone there, the only three people I thought made this movie watchable because it was slow moving and non eventful for like 85% of the movie was Fassbender, Theron and the black guy who is in every movie now. If you're an Aliens fan you'd be ok with it, but it's a rental at best. But have you're expectations very low. 



6.  The Dark Knight Rises - This movie was almost the perfect movie. It was solid everything a Batman movie should be. Good plot, good action, shit get blown up, great chemistry with the villain , sexy Catwoman , and Liam Neeson cameo. Joseph Gordon Levitt  was the actual main star and everyone else was just background it seems. I kid, it was a good balance of character not enough Morgan Freeman though. The one issue I had with this movie was the plot holes. Like how did Bane and Bruce Wayne get back and forth from where ever the hell the jail was with no problem when it takes us normal people 40 days to book a trip to Florida.  Batman kicked a lot of ass during the course of the movie and by the end I thought I was going to cry because of the whole Batwing getting blowed up and he made Alfred and Morgan Freeman weep . It was a good movie even though there came a point where I threw my hands up and said " OH Come on!". And when Hines Ward returned the kick for a touchdown I felt that was the most unrealistic part of the movie.  I think I enjoyed Bane's voice. Buy it , rent it, get it tattooed on your face ... just kidding but it's a good movie. Money well Spent  



7. Argo - I know it wasn't a  summer movie but you should see it.  I really enjoy history movies and I can't wait to see Lincoln. It was crazy intense and Ben Affleck has  become a great director. After just 3 movies he is crushing it and I was hoping he would consider the Justice League movie because it would star him as Batman, Matt Damon as Green Lantern,  John Hamm as Superman, Kate Beckinsale as Wonder Woman, Casey Affleck as Robin, John Goodman as Aquaman , and Brian Cranston as Martian manhunter as the Justice league . I am pretty sure Chris Cooper as Lex Luther, Blake Lively as Saloman  Grundy and the dude who plays  Pete Campbell as Bizarro Superman. But Go see Argo shit is crazy good and funny too. Also Affleck was the Bomb in Phantoms 

No comments:

Post a Comment